4049 E. Moores Dock Road
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Catawba Island is a quaint and beautiful getaway along the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio. The small 10-acre park is on the west side of Catawba Island offers access to Lake Erie.
Contact & Mailing Address:
East Harbor State Park
1169 North Buck Road
Lakeside-Marblehead, OH 43440
Park Office: 419-797-4530 (seasonal)
East Harbor Park Office: 419-734-4424
Reservations for Shelters: (866) 644-6727
- One launch ramp provides access to Lake Erie
- Swimming is permitted at your own risk
- Fishing pier provides access to the lake
- Yellow perch, smallmouth bass, white bass, channel catfish and walleye are dominant species in Lake Erie
- 2 picnic areas with modern restrooms are available
- Picnic shelter can be reserved online or by calling 866-644-6727
Winter Recreation (conditions permitting)
- Ice skating
- Ice fishing
- Other Lake Erie Island state parks are:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, west of Port Clinton, is one of the state's foremost birding areas and is notable for its spring and fall bird migrations.
- East Harbor State Park on Marblehead Peninsula sports the largest campground in the Ohio state park system. Swimming, picnicking, boating and fishing are popular at East Harbor.
- Ottawa County Visitors Bureau
- Lakeside Ohio
- African Safari Wildlife Park
- Island Adventures
- State nature preserves located in the area include North Shore Alvar, North Pond, Sheldon Marsh, Old Woman Creek, Erie Sand Barrens and DuPont Marsh..
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands Visitor's Bureau website or call 800-441-1271